Austrian EU Council Presidency Conference on
Impact of Social Sciences and Humanities for a European Research Agenda – Valuation of SSH in mission-oriented research
28-29 November 2018
The mission of the conference is to bring the valuation (i.e. the provision of added value through SSH and arts-based research) and impact contributions of social sciences and humanities (SSH) research to transformative, mission-oriented national and European research and innovation agendas to the forefront, to openly reflect and structurally discuss the topic in order to make it visible, debatable, verifiable and usable!
In line with this mission, the objectives of the conference are
- to provide a reflecting as well as forward-looking format to identify and appraise valuation pathways and impact generating processes within genuine SSH research as well as from inter-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary research activities which include SSH and arts-based research
- to showcase, learn from and discuss structures and policies which are beneficial for an enhanced impact-orientation of SSH research at various levels (e.g. project-level, institutional level, R&I policy-making level)
- to make a significant contribution to tracing and assessing the use and impact of R&D activities from the field of SSH (including arts-based research), to the benefit of a transformative and mission-oriented European research and innovation agenda.
The table below shows the most central conference themes according to the three main conference objectives.
|Structures & Policies||
The conference targets researchers from SSH and arts-based research as well as researchers from other disciplinary background, policy-makers, public research funding agencies, philanthropic organisations, representatives from business and the social economy, media representatives and civil society organisations.
Registration for participation for most official Austrian EU Council Presidency events will be open as of May 2018. Information about registration will be announced as soon as possible.
Registration for participation is open until 28th October 2018 – register as soon as possible! The registration includes all lunches and coffee breaks during the two conference days. Registration is free of charge! Please check this section of our website for recommendations about accommodation and general information about Vienna. Please note that Vienna is a busy tourist location. Thus, plan your journey early enough.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Vienna!
Centre for Social Innovation – Zentrum für Soziale Innovation (ZSI)
Mrs. Berenike Ecker (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0043-1-4950442-38)
Mr. Klaus Schuch (email@example.com)
The conference is organised by ZSI, the Centre for Social Innovation, on behalf of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (representing the Austrian EU Council Presidency in the field of RTI) and the European Commission.
- ZSI – Centre for Social Innovation
- Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research
- European Commission – Directorate-General Research and Innovation
- Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union